Last night, Nathanael made some meringue "batter" (I guess that's what it's called :) we stuck them in the clay oven to bake overnight like the recipe says. Well, when I checked them before I went to bed, poor meringues and poor Nathanael, his cookies burned. So, this morning, he mixed up more "batter" and stuck them in the clay oven. Even though we fired it up yesterday morning, it was still warm/hot because we kept the door closed all night. Although the secound batch of meringues did not have those picture perfect golden squiggles draining down the sides, as the oven was a little too cool, they still tasted "picture perfect"!
This is the first batch before their doom,
Here is me dancing in the sunshine singing,
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray..."
You make me happy when skies are gray..."
I don't like or know the rest of the words but I like singing that part, and playing the song the best I know it on the piano as it is a fun tune!
Now, here is a mystery picture for you! Daddy said no one will ever be able to guess it as it was very hard for al my family members to guess and I had to give them many clues before they finally did.
So, here are some clues for you:
- You have one of these, in fact everyone does, at least everyone I know!
-Your's is smaller than this one. Some people have big ones, others have small ones, others have medium ones.
-Where ever and when ever you go somewhere your's comes with you no matter if you want it to or not!
-this is a very important thing to everybody and everything that has one.
Enough clues for now. I give you until tomorrow night to leave me a comment with a guess. If no one has got it right by then, I will give you a few more clues and then wait another day before I publish all comment containing guesses and post the correct answer.
This mystery picture as always, is open to everyone. I sure hope I hear from each and every one of my readers, my blog friends, my personal friends, and my family members. If you are one of the above (and you are because you are reading this :) I hope to get a comment from all of you!!
Go wild on your guesses, give me as many as you can think of!!!




6 comments:
Is is a dog's nose?
WOW--this is a HARD one, Hannah! Thank you for the clues! I'm going to guess that it's a cows' nose??? ...or a wet nose of some sort of critter...? The part that doesn't look like a nose though is the lines that seem to run through it, but maybe that's a reflection off of something else? I'm very curious what this is! :)
A close up of an animals nose?
Hello Hannah! It's been quite awhile since I've commented, but I've been very much enjoying your posts! They are always fun to read. :)
My guess with this photo is that it is the nose of a cow? At least that's what it looks like to me! :)
Wow, Hannah! That's tough! It looks like maybe something to do with a car...like a tire or something...I don't know, it also looks like something rubber and outdoors related! Duno, but I can't wait to see what it is! :)
Mary C.
I feel so bad for Nathanael. I always feel bad after I burn something. I think the last thing I burned was a batch of cookies. Thank goodness I still had dough left to make more cookies. Could you share the recipe for the meringue? I have seen it in a grochery store before and I have wanted to make it ever since. Too bad I missed the mystery picture "guessing due date". I am sure that I would not even have come close to guessing that it was a cow's nose! It sure is a great close up picture though :).
Love you my friend,
Rachel Grace
Post a Comment