My brother- a monkey?
Mama made up a bunch of dough yesterday and she did all the pats and folds and the shaping today. David baked it. Here are some pictures of that. . .
Pats and folds and put to rest. . .
Shaping. . .
Getting the loves into the hot oven. . .
Taking them out. . .
Carrying them up to the house!
Ta-da!
Yum! Mama and I took a loaf of the bread to our neighbor Susan's house. She and her husband had a bunch of other neighbors over for coffee and a chit chat and by the time we left the loaf was gone!
On the way to Susan's, we stopped by a couple other neighbors just to let them know we had baked. One of them came to our place while Mama and I were gone and got 3 loves. I always like when spring comes and we have our "Bread Today Bake Sales"!
Blue.
Today's FF challenge color!
Oh and today's "excitement" was not getting two cute dogs.
That is why I said not to "jump to conclusions"!
No, a dog showed up at on our farm this morning. He had a tracking collar on. David called the number on the collar and left a message. The lady called back, said there should be another dog running around too. She asked us to keep them at our place until she got there.
So we held on to Remi and looked for Josie. We could see her way out in the field. It took a while for her to come up to us but she was SO friendly when she did let us get her.
The lady told us where her dogs were when they ran off and they were SO far away (for a dog to run). I'd say about 30 miles. I don't know how they found their way that far. Both of the little dogs were glad to be back with their owner.










6 comments:
That bread is beautiful Hannah!
I wish I could have some! :)
What kind is it? Whould you want to share the recipe? :)
I'm always looking for new bread recipes!
I'm really enjoying you and your sisters blogs!
Many Blessings,
Laura
So that's what that picture was about! Occasionally we have stray dogs come around our place, but they just keep moving on then...
What yummy looking bread you all made! Was that some more of the natural leveaned kind?
I loved your FF challenge picture! It looks like it could be on the cover of a book. :)
Oh, and your monkey brother---I have a couple of those too!
Have a great day, Hannah~
Thanks for coming over Laura and dropping me a little note!
Yes, the bread is very yummy. I am sure you would love to make it. It uses natural leaven and no commercial yeast at all.
I think the three varieties that Mama made were Country White (which is a white bread made with a natural unbleached wheat flour), caraway rye, and then some wheat loves that have seeds in them. Normally in the wheat loves we put flax, sunflower, and millet seeds but this time we were put of sunflower seeds so Mama used some of the pepitas we grew in our garden this past summer.
I think my sister Grace is going to post our method of bread making on her blog soon. It is not really a recipe that I could just write down. The bread process takes somewhere around 30 hours. But it is not really time consuming because there is time between the different steps.
Hope you come back and visit again Laura!
I will be sure to come over to your blog soon.
~Hannah
Cora,
Yes, the bread we made was natural leaven bread.
Grace is still working on getting the "recipe" ready for you. She and I took a bunch of pictures the last time she made bread so that way you can see all the steps in the process.
The little steps that I am sitting on in the picture are on in the picture is one of my favorite little places on our property!
You have a great day too!
~Hannah
Hi Hannah,
I just noticed you changed your profile picture... I really like it! I have a "monkey brother" too... Aren't all brothers like that?!
We have had runaway dogs before too. Infact our dog ran away at a campground we were visiting once... he ran almost the same amount of miles those two dogs ran. Finally we found him at about twelve at night. His paws were really bloody because he ran on some roads for part of the way. I am so glad that the dogs you found were ok.
The bread you made looks delicious! How many loaves do you usually make at once? I read the above comments and I can't wait to read Grace's blog post about it!
Love you my sister in Christ!
Rachel Grace
Wow! We once found one of our dogs about fifteen miles from home. Dogs are a pain. :)
I love that blue skirt! Where'd you get it?
Post a Comment