People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just for Today

The batteries are already dying on my camera. I have been taking alot of pictures and figuring out new things on it too, so I think that is why. I really need to get some rechargeable batteries.
I have never used a camera that takes regular AA batteries. I am used to when the battery dies, you stick it in the charger. But I have heard that regular AA type are better.

Daddy, Enoch, Nathanael and I all went out sledding today on a fun sledding hill I found out in the woods yesterday. I only went down once because I was taking pictures most of the time. But the time I did go down was so fun! It was very bumpy and fast! We don't have regular plastic sleds, we use some runner sleds that Daddy had when he was a boy, so we lay on our belly and steer. There are a couple trees next to the sledding path, but they are far enough away that it is easy to steer around them.

Here are a some pictures. . .


Going out to the hill. . .

Almost there!

Climbing up. . .
Going down!

I was trying to do this thing where it picks out the red in the photo. It does not look too bad but it picked out the red in my cheeks too, making it look a little funny.

This one is better. I am laughing, because I barely sat down in time for the self-timer because my skirt got caught on a bramble!

Grace's parakeet "Forsythia".


My brother Enoch has a mystery picture on his new blog.
How 'bout all of you go over there and give him a big dump o' guesses- would you do that for me please? Thanks. I know he'll like that!
Here is the link to his blog:


It is almost maple syrup season. I really am looking forward to that. It seems like as soon as February is over, you start wishing for winter to be over too. But I know old man winter don't leave us that soon. Yes, the temperatures might have been in the upper 30's today, but believe me we will still get more dumps of snow. Yea, even in April =D. But looking forward to the warm days and cold nights that make the sweet sap flow is so exciting. The sap icicles have been on the trees for the past few days already and my, are they yummy!
David already made the trail trough the woods with the old Ford tractor, and he plans to put the taps in soon =D!

3 comments:

Jessica Rebekah said...

GREAT pictures Hannah!! =D I always look forward to seeing more pictures on your blog! =D Beautiful sunset!

Very nice pictures of you! This new camera of yours sounds like it has a lot of great features! =D

Good exercise going up the hill then a nice rest sliding down! LOL

Aw, what a cute parakeet! We do have them in South Africa but they are not call them "Parakeets" they're called (in SA) "Budgies"! =D My family and I had about 20 0f them. They're pretty birds
though! =)And I must say your rabbit and duck are cute too! =D

Wow you sure have long winters, its still summer here, well its going into autumn! =)

Love
~> Jess

Amy said...

Logan started tapping our trees yesterday. He has a pot of sap boiling on the stove.

Rachel Grace said...

Ah, it is so nice to see all of those great pictures from your new camera! Grace's parakeet is a really pretty color, I like it's name too!
Blessings to you and your family!
Rachel Grace