People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, March 29, 2010

Pictures From Saturday

As you know, on saturday we went to the
Market:
While there, Grace and I went on a little walk. We started out on a little cement trail that twisted around the building. After finding the window that looks in at our stand (the market is in a basement) and waving hi to our brothers we continued on our merry way.
It was hard to find the window as there are SO many and it looks totally different on the outside. So, we walk along and suddenly the path stops. Where it stops there is a little creek. So we
Jump over it:
Hanging from a log on the creek was an
Icicle:
Why, do curious lookin gates and fences have
Signs like these on them?
or padlocks?
at least there are some pretty curlicues them!
The pealing paint is more than likely lead paint!

back in the Marcato. . .
Nathanael peeks around a corner into the sweet shop
where his sister Grace is being treated to mint chocolate cookie icecream by an elderly lady.
While go through the drive thru book return at the library we spotted a Mourning Dove
on her nest!

We stopped by my favorite grocery store and bought organic triple cream brie, brie with chives, fresh organic olives and a few other things. There was also brie cheese on sample so we all tasted a little bit of crackers under a slather of brie!

After shopping, we drive to the countryside where we used to live to buy some barley for our sheep. Daddy and David were talking so long with the farmer that Grace and got out of the truck and started waking down the road. Our destination was our friend's house who live about six miles from the farmer's place. We only made it past the two german shepherds who threatened us with bared teeth and barks before the rest of our family picked us up. A little over a mile.

At our friends we had some dinner and then jumped on their trampoline.

We also took pictures

of friends. . .

. . .best friends!

7 comments:

Anna Joy said...

THAT'S where the farmer's market is?? I've been up there plenty of times but I had no clue....

That place gives me the spooks. We looked at their nursing home for my grandparents and I was pretty jumpy the whole time. Just the thought of it being an old-time mental hospital, I guess. :)

Rachel Grace said...

I really like the picture of you jumping over the creek... that's one of my favorite things to do! Except I jump over ALL sorts of things :)... two year olds... benches... plants... and way to much more!
I have a question, is the market like a farmers market or a craft fair that is just inside a building? Or something else? I have never been to something like it, but it sounds like lots of fun!
The pictures of the dove are beautiful, I love the sort of coo they do in the morning!
Jumping on the trampoline looks like a ton of fun... I have never really attempted to take pictures of people flying mid air like that before... you are very creative!
May the Lord bless you and keep you Hannah!
Rachel Grace

Cora Beth said...

What a great picture post and tour-in-pictures of your walk!

Just wanted to let you know that my brothers and I played "Who, what, where, when, why..." tonight while swinging in the cool night breeze. :) Some actually made sense, and the rest were just very funny! Have you ever heard of the word game "Stagecoach" before?

Well, I think my pictures are uploaded now, so I'll wish you a good nights rest and be off.

Sleep well~

Hannah said...

Anna:
Yes, that is where the market is. I know what you mean how it could seem sorta spooky but now that I go there all the time, it is the best part of TC. I love all the little shops down in the Marcato!

--------------------

Rachel:
So you in I have yet another thing in common! I LOVE jumping over everything and anything also! I do it ALL the time. Ever jumped electric fences?? It's kinda scary!
The market is a year 'round farmer's market. So in the winter months it is in doors. It is not a craft fair at all. Everything has to be from your farm. There are some people that sell handmade soap there, but they don't allow "crafty things".
Yes, mourning doves are so pretty. We don't really have a whole lot of them on our property.
Yeah trampoline pics are fun! You are creative too :D
Love ya!
---------------
Cora:
No, I have never heard of "Stagecoach" before. How is it played?
I do the same thing where I upload pics and check up on other blogs at the same time :D!
_____________________
Thanks everyone for commenting!
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Fabulous day my darling, sugar plum babe- you are a joy to be around. Thanks for capturing our day in pics!

Josie said...

I LOVE the picture of you nxt. to the "DANGER" sign!

Olivia Esther said...

cool pics han. lov ya .....olivia......