People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, June 14, 2010

About Yesterday and a bit aboot today

Here are some pictures of our time at the festival.

My favorite part was totally riding in the front of the parade :) it was SO fun!
My most embaressing time was when I saw someone standing next to me out of the corner of my eye while I was taking pictures for someone and I stood up and said "Hi______" thinking it was this person we knew, it wasn't. It was a look alike and a really good one too!
My yummiest time was eating cheesy chicken fajita nachos that our friend was making at her new concession stand!
All over it was a great time even though why everyone was there was a cray thing :)
I was disappointed in the music. I was hoping they would have some traditional Americana music instead they had this man that made up songs as he went along. He played a little keyboard and his friend played an electric guitar. Then they had some other people come latter on and they were okay, but still kind of non traditional!
Okay, you want pictures?
Here ya go!

Visiting:

Oh yeah and every one was all so cow-y!

Singin and makin the jumpin jack dance!

Pottery (I'll have a video of this comin soon)
Oh! Pottery is so beautiful! To think that we are that lump of clay and God is forever making us into a beautiful and useful vessel for HIM!

Brothers whittlin

Our friends and their concession stand they did GREAT especially for their first time ever :) and oh the food was yum!

Anyone? Mama got some Sorbeto that she shared with us :) Mmm! I really like both Gelato and Sorbeto!

Drawing on the road with chalk:

This is what I did:

Mama's (the heart):

This is the fire truck Grace and I rode in:
Oh yeah I got on 9&10 news too without even knowing it! :P just a little clip of me on the fire truck (I'm not even waving or anything :) and then a bit of our table got in too when they were showing the market venders!

We were followed by:
Almost everyone there :)
There was only a handful of onlookers and more of them were photographers!
Everyone wanted to be apart of the parade. They all blew horns rang cowbells, and made a big racket while the tuba and trumpets play "When the Saints come Marchin in" :P!

At the grave stone. They made a little speech and then everyone mooed (I know it's really stupid, I DID NOT PARTICIPATE!!!!!) The one thing that I thought was so great was the dairy queen (who is a great organic person) said as I heard it "One thing that is so wonderful is that we know this cow was never given any BST (bovine growth hormone) and she still produced all that milk!" Latter on a commercial milk farmer cam up to her and said that BST is a really good thing and that he doesn't want her saying that to the people or they'll get the wrong idea in their heads. Hum Dum DUMB who's got the wrong idea in their head???

This is the Dairy Queen. . . (aka Jen from 9 Bean Row Farm)

There were so many adorable children there! Oh I do love them all so!
This little girl was so cute eating a sprout that a man was selling for green drinks. I was trying to get her eating it but never did
This girl here was playing in the creek with her fancy clothes on she was too cute!

Aren't these shoes so colorful?

Crossing the creek...

These four little sweeties I could not, not take a picture of!

A friend of ours asked me to take some pictures of her children and their friends holding baby bunnies. . .
Their smiles and eyes are so precious!

I took picture of other things besides the festival too:

But before too long (it actually was quite a few hours!) we packed up. . .
{Jen: She makes the BEST pastries ever! Oh my!}

And said good bye like I am doing right now!

We did not go berry picking today and I was not disappointed. I have totally picked over 16 flats (not many compared to others) but I have never been a really fast strawberry picker so that's pretty good for me. I'm not sure when we'll go back to pick as we have other things going on this week.

3 comments:

TobyBo said...

I just LOVE the cow balloons. :)

TobyBo said...

I just LOVE the cow balloons. :D

Jessica Rebekah said...

Wow sounds like you fun at the festival! Great pictures! :D