People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yesterday & Today

Yesterday first...
When we got home, Mama had all of us children except David make dinner.
Grace and Enoch made Quesadillas in the farmhouse kitchen and Nathanael and I made Latkes with Avocado Sauce in the Kitchen. It was alot of fun. We had them with new potatoes, the first peas of the year, collard greens, cilantro, limes to go on the cilantro and coleslaw.

Me and Nathanael being funny. . . in case you don't know, we are sort of the "funny ones" of the family. I think every family has at least one "funny one" (if you know what I mean) :D

Cooking


Now, we will run up the path to the house. . .
we find,

Grace and Enoch!

Mmmm...!

And Mama,
making coleslaw!

The finished Latkes (Nathanael did the garnish on this one)

Avocado Sauce (I did the garnish on this one)

The Quesadillas

The Peas

The New Potatoes

After dinner (which was SO good :) we had s'mores made with HUGE marshmallows!

Mmm!

I know this is blurry, but I think it looks kind of neat :)

Roasting

Eating

Roasting

Eating

Roasting


Now, this is how we like to make s'mores taught to us by our friends (see their daughter's blog here)

Screw one cracker onto the stick followed by the marshmallow(s). Take the other half of cracker and put it on a log or like we do, a brick that is near the hot coals. Put your chocolate on the cracker and begin to roast your marshmallow.

Then, slide both crackers together making a s'more.
Now you eat it!
Then we watched a movie, prayed and went to bed.

Today, was very wet and rainy. Grace and I did kitchen work and then we sang and played guitar and fiddle/violin for a couple hours or so. We would switch instruments off and on but Grace played the violin and I played the guitar for most of the songs. It was fun.
After that, we made dinner together. Lentils, poached eggs, bread, cilantro (with limes!!), lettuce, and salsa. Mmm! I just really like food like that!

Now I need to go and tidy up the kitchen, back some cookie dough I mixed up, and let my brother do a post on his blog.

Before I go though, I would like to share this picture of me happy :D! Didn't I tell you I like running in the rain and that it makes me happy, in just my last post? I sure do!


8 comments:

Sereina said...

All that food looks SO good!

Josie said...

OH. My. Goodness. Your dinner looks soooooo good! You're making me hungry Hannah! :)

Is your kitchen finished? At 1st I didn't recognize the 1st picture background!

Rachel Beth said...

Hannah, all this food looks SOOO good! If we weren't on the other side of the world I think Jess and I would have invited ourselves over to join in! ;) :P

I really like the photo of you running in the rain - it's one of my favourite things to do too! :)

Have a fun-filled week!
God bless you.
Rachel

Hannah said...

Josie,
Yes, the Kitchen IS finished but it is not a certified yet because of stubborn people, basically.
They can't get their heads together to get it certified. It's really sad. Mama is actually calling and talking to a bunch of people right now to try to get things going.
A couple of the people are not doing their job right- - like one man for instance, took a sample of our water (which today we found out he did not even do right.) and never sent us the results. We had to call him and tell him to send it to us- THEN he did. It's rather frustrating. We hope something will work out and soon but it's hard to see anything happening right now.

I am said...

great post! you have such a neat kichen! Who's funny! me or you? I thunk both

Josie said...

That stinks Hannah :(

Oh! I get it now! I didn't know what you meant about the s'mores method and I feel very special that you use Daddy's way of roastig s'mores! :)

Hannah said...

I am,

Thanks for your comment- - I do have a question:

Are you Enoch or Nathanael? And WHY did you link back to me??


Josie,
I know, it's so complicated.

Your Daddy's way is the best :) Although my gram cracker usually breaks when I screw it on- - it did not this time though and I was happy :)

~Desiree~ said...

That looks like fun! I love s'mores!