People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, June 12, 2010

goin' back tomorrow. . .

We had a really good market day. We sold out of things pretty speedily and our table was looking very bare :P
Grace and I had fun surprising the brothers with a little snack (we hardly ever get snack-type foods). Yesterday at our friend's store we bought wheat crackers, pepperjack cheese, mango nectar, and a pack of multi fun flavored bubble gum :)
Grace, the younger brothers and I all walked out in the woods by the market. There is old buildings out there with graffiti on them :( this one building is round and HUGE there is no opening on it but we think there might be one on top. By that building we found this little letterbox that people write little notes it. I wrote a scripture in it and Grace wrote something too (not sure what).
For some reason this market day just sped by. It seemed like in no time we were leaving.

Now we are going to get to bed and wake up very early and go right back to the village again for a dairy festival. It is celebration of this old dead cow that gave lots of milk (silly, I know. but we are not celebrating Colantha the cow!) It's going to be fun I think. There is a supposedly wild parade that goes down to the cow's gravestone (yes, it has one). So I'll try to get pictures tomorrow :)
Good Night!

4 comments:

Frannie said...

I'm glad your day went well. How funny and strange, but I hope yo u enjoy yourself. Festivals are always fun!
God bless your day,
Frannie

Amanda said...

A dairy festival celebrating a dead cow? Sounds like fun... Haha, no, actually, it might be interesting! Do post pictures - I'd love to see!
~Amanda

Amy said...

Market Day sounds like so much fun! What sorta things do you sell?
Amy
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/booklover

www.swagbucks.com/refer/diamondsintherough

Cora Beth said...

Have fun in town tomorrow! We used to go to a fun day called "Dairy Days" when we lived on our other farm. They had a parade and a dairy princess crowning and everything. Oh yes, and free ice cream! :)

What a neat thing you did to put a Bible verse in the letterbox!

Sleep well~
Cora