We all went out to the patch today, even David. Daddy, Mama and Enoch left earlier so Daddy and Enoch could do another job. David beat us all at picking. . . he picked 12 flats in 8 hours! I did 5, the most I have done so far. We are going back out again tomorrow (or so the plan is). I am totally sunburned red and tan. This is what I looked like a few days ago:
After my first day in the patch:
And now today:
It hurts alot more than it looks like it does :)
Lesson I learned the hard way today:
Don't pop a berry in your mouth and then bend over to pick another one while chewing.
Why? What happens?
Strawberry comes out of your nose and your nose stings for miles on end.



11 comments:
Live and learn. :) I have been sunburnt like that before.. def.
Yumm, strawberries! =D Sounds fun!
Dear Hannah~
Do you have any Aloe Vera plants you could get the gel from (or store bought gel) that you could rub on your sunburn? That helps. Or, I've heard you can use honey on burns, although you may not be able to get your face unstuck from your pillow in the morning, after having smeared it on all over. :)
I hope it heals quickly and is less painful soon!
Oh yes, and be careful how you eat those strawberries.... :)
awww... but LOL about the strawberry juice.
I know how much sunburn hurts!!! .... i can say that I've never done that before even while picking... were you laughing?
Hope to see you soon!
Jenn
I don't think I've ever gotten that sunburnt, but however sunburnt you are it's not fun.... Put some Aloe Vera stuff on it. I personally don't like it, but it is soothing! Having all those strawberries around must be wonderful!
Hahahaha. Sorry about your sunburn. )-:
You won my Contest!
Anna
I've had lots of sunburns (terrible) and then I go tan :-P and yes it does really hurt more than it looks! Ouch!
I wish you could send me some Strawberries. LOL :-D
~Jess
Amanda~
Yeah, It's not all that terrible :)
Sierra~
They are good :) but when they are what you are eating for hours upon hours as you are picking... you kinda want a change :)
Cora~
We do have aloe plants. My face is not all that bad I just got to get over the initial burning :P
We use David's honey on cuts/burns and things like that. It does help and is best if it is raw and local too. Yeah, David is really big on honey on burns. I'm not sure if it would help sunburn or not- probably although I don't think I would need it myself. Maybe bad sunburn.
Toby Bo~
Thanks for your comment! We have lots of lol's while picking :)
Jenn~
Was I laughing? You bet girl! You know me well! When do I NOT laugh? hahahahahahahaha (sometimes, like when I'm gruuumpy.)
Amy~
Maybe I will put some aloe on it we have some plants. Yes, havin strawberries are wonderful!
Kendra~ I wore a hat today so I did not get too much more :) it's feelin betta :) thanks!
Anna~
Oh YEAH! thanks for lettin me know :)
Jess~
The only thing is I DON'T go tan. . . wish I did :P
Sure I'll send you berries :) just email me your address :) You have to pay shipping and more than likely the berries will be rotten by the time they get to SA but maybe you could make some pleasant compost out of them? LOL
Thanks everyone for your comments they make my day in blogger world!
Hannah,
You sure do have a nice sunburn... or should I say a not so nice sunburn. I feel so bad for you!
The first picture of you is lovely, it looks like your face is framed in ferns and it is oh-so elegant looking!
Blessings to you my dear sister in Christ,
Rachel Grace
Post a Comment