People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just for Today

I was so lazy today in the patch. It was very hot and I could hardly even pick two flats straight. I only picked 3 today. Mama gave me one of her flats though :) thanks Mama! One of the other workers there had her little girl Annette with her. Annette helped me picked on of my flats and I paid her :) We are taking break tomorrow and don't plan on going back until monday.
Enoch is watching my sister's family's three dogs. Two of them are a son and daughter of our dog so it is sort of like having him here again because they have they same dogality as Prince did. I already had a good brawl with Leroy. He is just like Prince except he is a lighter golden color. We are having them here over the weekend and also again next weekend.

Here is Rex driving away several of the many, many flats all us workers picked

And here are most of the workers although not all of them
If I had not been taking this picture I would have been picking in the middle of this triangle: the guy in the black shirt (Earl), the guy in the red shirt (Enoch), and the gal to the left of Earl (Grace).

I wore my hat today so I did not get any more sunburn. It was funny, there is this african-american 11 year old boy there, his name is Tristan and he is just a character. He's always saying things that just make you laugh! Well, he was walking past me and he goes

"Your face is really red!"
"I know, I wore a hat today because it was really hurting yesterday, it was burnt so bad."
He walks away saying
"I don't think it's working."


About a week ago one of our friends sent us a kombucha mushroom so we could make kombucha tea. It was done today so we all brought a bottle of it out :) It is SO good!

Lesson I learned the hard way today:
Don't put sunscreen on your arms unless you put it all over them.
Why? What happens?
Your skin looks normal in one area and then you have one huge stripe of red flaring down your arm. And that looks really weird.


4 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I love, love, love that last picture! :) So glad you're liking it. I hope your sisters' family enjoys it too!

Happy rest from berry picking~
Love you,
Cora

Rachel Grace said...

Oh, it feels like so long since I've commented on your blog! Life has just been speeding up... a lot!
Strawberry picking sounds like a ton of fun! Do you get to eat strawberries as you pick, or is that not allowed?
I have never tried kombucha tea before, but I know some people who make it. It sure looks and sounds good!
Your sister,
Rachel Grace

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you won a giveaway over at my little sisters' blog!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a big field of strawberries! How long will you pick them?