People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hello Readers!

How are you on this fine drizzly day? Today I baked somewhere around 30 hot buttered pretzels and 10 loaves of bread. Mama made the bread dough and Enoch and I made the pretzel dough. I do so love baking! The pretzels were disappearing almost as quickly as they came out of the oven. But they are best hot- why not? Aren't they called "Hot Buttered Pretzels"? I did hide several away but even there they were discovered :)! Then when Enoch and Nathanael were playing with the neighboy they told him about them and he wanted one too :) when I went to get Jake one, Enoch and Nathanael asked for another one too! So I went and got three. Then Jake said it was SO yummy that he wanted to trade another one for either two blue raspberry suckers or three big popsicles. I choose the popsicles as long as one of them was orange and went to get the second to last pretzel.

At dinner, Daddy said he ate the last one. . . so ended the pretzels!Do you think we should make some more soon?


As a reminder to you all, my giveaway is closing this Saturday! You still have a few days to enter so if you have not yet, please do!bringing-in-summer-giveaway.html.jpg

Do you all like my new blog look?


XOXO,

Hannah of Marilla Heights


6 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Your pretzels must be very good! :) Do you use natural leaven to make those too?

Yes, I like your new blog look, but then I've liked each one you've had so far... It is fun to experiment with different things, isn't it?

Are you going berry picking tomorrow again?


I can hardly wait for your giveaway to end so as to be able to see who won!

....My pictures are about done loading, so I guess I'll go work on a post before heading for bed.

Sleep well (and give Grace a hug for me again please. :) )

(The W. V. W. tonight is "Dityless"...)

hannahlouise said...

Drizzly? Here it was cool, windy & fine, just lovely for a picnic of hot chips & snags up on the hill on the western side of town, but even though I put sunscreen on, I got slightly sunburn and came home with a few more freckles. Oh well.
Are you going to post this pretzel recepie?
And yes, I have entered the giveaway.

Rachel Grace said...

I love baking too! And hot buttered pretzels are the best, I like them with mustard too (odd, but delicious!). I most definitelly think you should make more :).
Blessings,
Rachel Grace

Rachel Beth said...

I also love baking! All that homemade bread and the pretzels sound delicious! I know exactly what you mean about freshly baked goods disappearing so quickly - I'm usually one of those helping to finish them off! :P

God bless
Rachel

Anonymous said...

ooh, Hannha, those pretzels sound so yummy! I can tell they were good!! yes, your blog is nice, but, then again, all were nice!!

Jessica Rebekah said...

30 buttered pretzels wow that sure is alot!! but sounds delicious!! :D LOL I agree as well about the freshly baked goods disappearing so quickly. :P

Btw I love your new blog look!!
I'm terribly fussy when it comes to changing my background. :P

Love
~Jess