I was gone out in town with Daddy, Mama and Grace. When I came home and checked my comments I was shocked to find 106 comments! I knew there would be more than usual since I am hosting this giveaway, but over 100? I need to give all of you a huge "THANK YOU SO MUCH!"
I had so much fun going through all the comments, checking peoples posts that they did, answering Q's, all that crazy fun stuff! I also had 48 followers this morning and now I've got 61! Thanks to all of my new followers! As soon as things slow down a bit here for me, I'll have to check out all your wonderful blogs :)
Okay, here is what I have been up to and what I will be up to :)
Like I said, I went into town today. Our last stop was at Joann fabrics. I have not been in a fabric store for quite some time. It was very confusing because they had all these sale signs and in really tiny writing they told everything that was excluded from the sale- which was kind of deceiving, but we got it straitened out in the end.
Here is what I got from Marie Madeline Studio:
A Chic Sisters Apron Pattern,
And this fabric to make it out of.
This for the skirt/bib. . .
and this is for the coordinating color. . .
Awhile back, I got a really nice dress pattern from a contest and I have been wanting to get some fabric to make the dress. It worked out good today and Daddy and Mama said I could pick out some fabric. I really really like brown and so I was pretty sure that's what I wanted. With the help of my sister Grace, I picked out this:
I really am thrilled with it! Seems like I'm in this sewing frenzy thing! It's rather exciting, as I have always wanted to learn to sew better :)
Now here is the exciting part :)
Tomorrow my dear sister Rebecca is coming over with her boys- my dearest nephews :D
Mama is going to go into town with them, Grace might also. I am staying home to rustle up some grub for when they get back. When Rebecca leaves to go home, I am going to go with her, and spend the night!!! On thursday, her and I are going to sew my dress. This is going to be *so* fun! Seems like it has been a dreadful long time since her and I have sewn together and my, it has! It is so nice having a married sister but all so different too! Winter 2006 was the winter Rebecca said she'd teach me to sew Well, that happened to be the winter that her and my brother in law got to know each other and things kind of went a really different direction! haha! So we are now taking up that though it is Summer 2010 and I am an Auntie to her sons!
Friday we have farmer's market, and we might do a saturday market too. I'm not sure what Sunday holds but I do know that this weekend is going to go by very speedily for me!
I am going to take a posting break until further notice. You never know that could be only until friday or as late as monday. I hope the rest of your week goes well for all of you to!
Keep entering my giveaway, I will be checking comments and answering any questions when I have time!
God bless you all abundantly!!!



10 comments:
The fabric you got is beautiful! I especially love the brown/pink/green material for your dress! That will be lovely! Have a wonderful week! It sounds like fun. :-)
Hello Hannah!
I really like the fabric and dress pattern you picked out! Hope you'll post some photos of it when it's finished. :)
God bless
love, Rachel
I love your fabric! Will you take pictures when it's done? Hope you have a lovely time at your sisters!
Blessings,
Allison
Hi Hannah!
I have two of your lovely comments that I have been meaning to reply to - where does the time go?
Very cool about the sheep - we've been considering getting sheep, but are trying to avoid spreading ourselves too thin.
A brick oven bakery sounds so cool! That's horrible though, about the pesticides from the next farm over infecting your water! I'm sure that everything will work out (with His help)! :)
Our chickens and pigs have grain in their diet, but they are on pasture. The cattle are purely grass-fed/grass-finished.
Yes, the CSA is a fairly new thing for us - it is our third year.
Our only market that we do is really fantastic - it's outdoors on a city plaza. We've been doing it for 6 years now. How long have you all been doing farmers markets?
I read way too much! My to-read list is actually longer tehn what I posted, but I just put up the ones that I have or have borrowed from friends or the library. Do you have a library that you use a lot? I would pretty much be lost without ours - we go at least once a week!
~Amanda
Oh, and also, I love the brown flowered material!!
Sound like you had buckets of fun and more to come!!! I love that fabric you picked out! Thanks for sharing! have a blessed time with your sister!
~Jenn
Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE the brown and pink fabric! That will be such a pretty dress when it's finished! I hope you'll post pictures of the apron and dress when they're done.
Amy
Wow, Hannah, you material is so pretty! I love the pink flowers going across it!! Your dress patter looks awesome too! One of my friends has that pattern and they, too, are working on it! Hope to see some pictures!!! And hope you week goes REALLY well!!!
Mary
I love to sew!! Hope you have a lovely time learning!! I love the brown dress material and the pink apron material!
OH my goodness, how MANY posts have I MISSED??!!LOL! Hannah, you post way to fast for me, haha! But I really enjoy reading your posts -I have been SOOO busy, sorry for not commenting lately and I'm still trying to make myself a follower again, but it won't bring up the followers thingy. :-/
Anyway, I like the fabrics and dress pattern you picked, looks lovely! Good luck sewing it - and enjoy your week! :-D
Love
~Jess
Post a Comment