People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Sunday, June 6, 2010

!¡!¡!¡!Beware 57 pictures below!¡!¡!¡!

I realize you might think it is silly to post that many pictures, but just laugh and enjoy them!


First of all, pictures of my time at my sister's place. I did a photoshot with my dearest boys on earth. My sweet nephews, that are so so handsome and adorable! They have very handsome names too, but their nicknames will have to do on here ;)


Buddy, he is learning to pose and I'm delighted :)

In case you are wondering, the huge monster truck is their dad's (my brother in law) duce 1/2. It is a totally lovely truck :) and is too fun to go two tracking in (one time we got stuck in the evening and it took the guys until past midnight to get it out. it was very fun.) Anyways it is parked because something needs to be fixed on it (I think). The duce makes for a wonderful place to take little guy pictures :)


Lil' navigator. . .


"Go over there"


Izzy, the little guy full of smiles giggles and cuddles!

I did not get as many pictures of just him. Here is a cute one though. . .


The hat they are wearing is the hat their dad used to wear when he drove his harley.

And now some of them together. . .

Look at this, Izzy is snickering! It's so *sweet*!


These ones speak for themselves. . .


Now some more of Buddy,


My brother in law just put up this big tire swing. He used an old duce tire for it, he said a motorcycle tire would be a better size for the boys. I think so too, but Buddy loves the big tire :)


(so do my brothers :)


And now a couple more of both boys with one of their dogs. Her name is Cheyenne.


We did not start the sewing until Thursday. Wednesday Rebecca and I did some tiding up around the house. After the boys went to bed Rebecca and her husband went on a long bike ride and I stayed at their place and watched a movie. They all went to bed alot earlier than I am used to so I stayed up and read a whole book (it was not too small a book either it had about 250 pages). I got up when I heard my nephews talking. They were so surprised to see me walk out of the bedroom :) they did not know I was going to spend the night!


It is not the easiest thing to sew with two toddlers. But Rebecca and I did fine I think :)

Only one pattern piece accidently was torn by little feet. . .

and that's tapeable :)

Nap time was a great time and we got quite a bit done I'd say. We had to do some adjusting on the pattern and sew a teat dress out of muslin. I'm glad we did because it ended up being waaay too big on me. All in all, I cam home with the whole dress cut out and it is now ready to sew. I think I can do it on my own- I think. I also think it's about time for me to get over being scared I'll make a mistake. Here's getting ready to cut it out...of...the...fabric. . .


ah, now it's cut and there is no putting it back into a 4 1/2 yard piece of fabric. But I can put it together and make a dress-- I only can hope it will turn out!


Thursday night the rest of my family came over with strawberry shortcake! Mama's homemade shortcake is so the best! It was sort of our little celebration for Rebecca's birthday. Her birthday is coming up but she is not going to be here :( she is going downstate to spend a couple weeks at her in law's place. I'll miss her but I know she's havin fun and the other grandparents aunts and uncles can enjoy my precious nephews. I'm so blessed to have them near by!

So was the close of a wonderful, wonderful time with wonderful, wonderful people!


Friday, we went early to go pick strawberries. Mama stayed home because she had some things to work on. First we got in our rumbly ol' redneck Ford 150, our only vehicle that runs :P


Went on a couple paved roads past the sprinklers that the "farmers" use in their fields. . .


Turned on to one of the bazillion two tracks up here. . .

(this is a more well used one which are okay, but they are not the best if you are going to go out two trakin)


And drove around all twists and bends until we arrived at the strawberry patch!

Where we picked


32 quarts of. . .

berries in the cold and windy rain. . .


When we came home I planted my squash seeds that I got from a blogger friend this winter.


Then I baked a chocolate cake. Here is our kitchen. . .

After "just minutes" away from getting it certified some complications came up with the MDA (Michigan Department of Agriculture) and the health inspectors concerning the water. Our family dream of 20 years was becoming a reality. . . then this. It is so discouraging. (You can read more about it here as I don't really feel like writing it all out) .


So we set it up all nice like a certified kitchen should be and we are determined to just have fun in it together. . .

Even if we are only baking for ourselves and our friends.

So we laugh and we talk and we be crazy (see pictures above and below) and we are just havin a jolly, cheerful, happy, joyful, merry time together!

ˆˆ This is a total inside joke. Sorry.ˆˆ


This is not an inside joke. . . but I'm not sure what it is either.

Wait, I am sure. . . it's me being silly :P


Now sober (which really isn't, it just looks that way)



After watching our trees, bushes and shrubs be cut down and trimmed,


. . .Grace and I went out to harvest watercress.

Walking out to the creek. . .


Enjoying the view like we always do (I mean, who could tire of it?)


taking many pictures along the way. . .



mushrooms

people


raindrops


Then we turn onto the hiker trail. . .

this trail goes all the way to ND.

We take that trail until we get to the bridge that crosses the creek. . .


Here is the watercress. . .


a close-up:

picking it:

It is starting to get kind of lanky and it was more tedious to find the choice stems.

But we managed at picked 13 ounces. Usually we get a pound.


Saturday morning we all went to the market. We did really well. Thank you Lord! All the strawberries sold and almost all the watercress. I think we sold quite a few dozen eggs too.

We also had some lettuce and radishes that did fine too.

I spent pretty much my whole day with the market master's granddaughter Ruby. She is nine and is very outgoing. We figured out how to get onto the highest floor of the old buildings. You talk this little stair case that winds up until you are in this stuffy little room with one window that over looks the parking lot. . . and is right inline with the towers. . .

can you spot our truck? look right behind the building. . .


I hope that was not too many pictures for you :)


For more {hahahaha} you can go check out (and follow please?!?) my photography blog. . .


Until latter everyone, I remain your faithful (I try!) blogger and photographer:


6 comments:

Sierra said...

The photos of the little boys are sooo adorable and sweet! =)

-Sierra

Jessica Rebekah said...

WOW Hannah! 57 pictures, that SURE is a LOT ( I mistakably read it as "75" first. LOL

Anyway, the pictures are GREAT! I enjoyed looking at your adorable nephews (such sweet pictures of them) and the rest of 57 pics - it sounds like you had a very nice time at your sister's house. :-D

Wow that sure is a lot of strawberries, I haven't tasted any for awhile, and freshly picked ones probably taste MUCH better than bought ones at the shops. :-D

Glad it went well at the market.
Today I felt like something sweet, now that chocolate looks really good, so does the sound of strawberry shortcut (which I've never taste) :-P :-D

Thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures! It looks beautiful at the creek.

Love
~Jess

Lindsay said...

Oh, wow... I really enjoyed your 57 pictures, Hannah! I think my favorite might have to be that one of the raindrops. That's really a gorgoues shot!

I hope your dress is coming along okay! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it. Just relax and sew. ;-)

-- Love,
Lindsay

Jennifer said...

WOW I loved this post!!! It looks like you had fun with your family!
Mmm.. those strawberries look yummy!! :-)

P.S. I didn't know your mom could do a hand stand... learn somethin' new every day right?! :-D

Anonymous said...

This was such a fun post Hannah! I enjoyed all the pictures, and your nephews look so much like /you/! I'd never noticed it in the other pictures you've posted of them before :)
Sounds like you are all keeping delghtfully busy ;) Hope your summer stays so happy and profitable!
I will be praying that the trouble about the Kitchen will be resolved, and y'all will still be able to realize your dream!
Well, I've got to run for now

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Sarah said...

I enjoyed all of the photos in this post, Hannah! Thank you for sharing them! And I hope those seeds grow and produce well for you. :) I just recently planted mine as well, and I am quite curious to see what happens with them! I also planted the pumpkin and zucchini seeds that you shared with me, and I am looking forward to watching them grow and enjoying produce off of them! Thank you again! :)