People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goody! More Snow!!!

A snow storm is coming! Not too big of one, but it will make more snow on the ground!! I am excited. Daddy got the big wood furnace going today. The wood stove in the kitchen warms up the house when it is not too cold but after a while Daddy has to clean out the chimney and get the furnace going. Nathanael is sitting by the heater vent waiting for it to turn on again.
Daddy, Mama, and Enoch are going into town to pick up Mama's art piece and hang it in the gallery. Grace just went with my older sister and her boys into a small town to do some errands. I am staying home with Nathanael. David is here too working.
Hope all of you are having a nice wintery day!
Enjoy the snow! And, if you don't have snow, enjoy the sun!

This is the warning for our area:

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 10 PM this evening
to 7 am EST Thursday.

* Hazards: heavy snow will overspread eastern upper and northern
lower Michigan this evening and continue through Wednesday.
Cold air and strong northwest winds will sweep into the region
Wednesday night behind the departing low pressure system...
leading to the development of lake effect snow showers and
creating areas of blowing and drifting snow.

* Snow accumulation: snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches will
occur across the warned area tonight through Wednesday... with an
additional 2 to 5 inches expected into Wednesday night.

* Impacts: visibilities will drop to a quarter mile or less within
the heavy snow. Roads will become snow covered and hazardous.
Both of which will be occurring during higher traffic times for
the morning commute. Strong winds will cause substantial blowing
and drifting snow along the southern shore of Mackinac County
tonight into early Wednesday... and then along the immediate Lake
Michigan shoreline of northwest lower Michigan later Wednesday
afternoon into Wednesday night. Near blizzard conditions are

possible in these areas... further deteriorating travel
conditions.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow means severe
winter weather conditions are expected over the next 36 hours.
Snow and blowing snow will make travel dangerous. If you must
travel... use extreme caution.

10 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Wow Hannah! It sounds like you may be having to stay home for a couple days if that weather prediction comes to pass!!! Hope you have lots of unread library books on hand. :)

I just think it's so neat that your family gets to see and be with your married sister so much! My parents have prayed for a long time that we children would settle around here when we're married and have families of our own. However, there could be a slight difficulty to have that prayer answered if our future-spouses families are praying for the same thing and they live a long ways away... God knows best!

Anyway, here's wishing you a lovely day~

Love,

Cora

PS. I don't think I ever told you how much I enjoyed watching the movie of you playing piano! You do so well!! I wish I could memorize songs that well...

Amy said...

I am hoping we get snow too.

Cora Beth said...

I just thought I'd let you know that I tagged you on my blog just now. :)

~Cora

Taylor said...

Oooh... sounds exciting!! :D

Anna Joy said...

We're supposed to get totally snowed in since we live right on the lake...hopefully we'll make it to church for practice Thursday night. :( Have a great evening!

Rachel Grace said...

Hi Miss Hannah!
The same snow storm is going through Wisconsin right now too!
The fire is warming up the house... and I know that the Lord will take care of my family and my father who has to go to work in the morning(through the snow storm).
Blessings,
Rachel Grace

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

That storm sounds trilling!
I awarded you on my blog! go check it out
~Grace

Taylor said...

Hey there... I awarded you over at my blog! ...There seems to be a wave of tags and awards going around lately! lol :)

God bless,
~Taylor

Raich said...

Awesome! We have a few inches but not that much! Enjoy the white weather!

Anna Joy said...

Well, we got it. Did you?? We're practically snowed in.