People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, December 21, 2009

Peanut Brittle Recipe

Enoch made this peanut brittle yesterday. I did not think of getting a picture until it was almost all gone, but I think this picture turned out nice! It is such YUMMY peanut brittle! A good winter time treat!
Ingredients
************
1 1/2 C. white sugar
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1/4 C. water
1 1/2 C. raw peanuts
(they have to be raw for best flavor)
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking soda

Directions
************
Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray coating.
In a 4 quart saucepan over medium-heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling and add peanuts. Cook until peanuts become golden in color and syrup mixture beads off nuts when raised out of pan. Quickly mix in the salt and baking soda until well blended.
Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets. Allow mixture to spread on it's own. Cool completely, and break into pieces. Store in air-tight container or plastic bag.
ENJOY!!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Mmmmmm.... Peanut Brittle! We haven't made it for years, but we keep saying we should. Maybe we'll buy some corn syrup and make it soon--instead of just talking about it? It is a nice wintery treat!

Jennifer said...

We just made some today!! It was soo... yummy! Are recipe is a little different than yours though, but it still looks yummy!

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Yuuuuuum, sounds wonderful!! thanks for posting!


Mary Cecilia

Hannah said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

Cora~ I wonder if honey could replace the corn syrup? I think it probley would work the same!

Jenn~I wonder how many people are making peanut brittle this time of year? I'm sure alot! I am glad you were able to make some!

Mary Cecilia~ It is very wonderful! You should make some!

Jessica Rebekah said...

I've never tasted peanut brittles before! Though they look good! :-D

~Jessica