This was taken a few days ago when we had our big snow. It got cold (-2) and then it warmed up to packing snow temp. (I don't know the exact temp.). Now today it got a little bit colder and the snow has a crust on it. We might go out skiing again today because a crust on the snow makes for REALLY fun skiing! When we had out dog, he would pull Daddy really fast over the crusty snow while Daddy was on his skis! I never got a chance to have Prince pull me on my skis... maybe with our next dog I will :)!
We made pizza a couple nights ago. Here is a picture of one of them...
Now here are the pictures of our skiing!! We first have to go through the overgrown christmas pines on some neighboring property. David had to cut the trail through the really deep snow- this is not the most fun thing to do, but someone's got to do it!
I love this picture of the snow piled on the christmas pines.
Once we get on the power line, there are snowmobile tracks that pack down the snow... so no one has to cut a trail!
This here is the first hill. Not the biggest one, but a fun one nonetheless because it has some curves and turns that you get to steer while whizzing down!!
Here is Grace getting ready to go down. You can see Daddy and my brothers climbing up the other side...
I got to the top! The hill you see in the back is the one Grace just was going down in the above picture...
Grace and Nathanael climbing up the second hill that we go down. The second hill is a strait hill, but it has some bumps on it that the snowmobiles made when they go down.
These are the bunny hills. If you push yourself really hard with your polls as you go down one, you can almost make it up the other. The tree covered hills you can see in the background are the Yuma Hills. This is the heights of Marilla that I live in!!
Now, this is looking down the biggest hill! You can sort of see how high it is. And yes, we ski down this hill too (video coming soon :).
Look how tiny Enoch and Nathanael look way down there!! It is hard to get the actual height of this hill in a photo, but it is really huge! When you get to the bottom of it, and look up, it looks like a wall!
Our destination was the river. It was so beautiful in the snow! Our camera's memory card was full when we got to the river so we did not think we could get a picture of the river because the button to delete pictures is broken on our camera. But Grace and I took turns "pumpin' Camy" (as we call it) which simply means we pump the broken button really hard for a long time until it finally does what we want it to do :). This was the result:
Here are the pictures of the pot holders I made Mama for her birthday.
I had so much fun doing them that I want to make more!
And finally here is the last picture of some wild turkeys that came into our orchard/barn yard today! We have never had this many turkeys come this close on our property!
Have a good day!
~Hannah~
12 comments:
Hello Hannah,
My sister hasn't done any more books,but she is writing a Horse Club. If you would like to see it, here is the link:
http://www.remembrancepressbookstore.com/servlet/the-The-Remembrance-Press-Horse-Club/Categories
Blessings,
Elizabeth
I enjoyed all of the photos, Hannah! Thank you for sharing them. :) The snow you all received is just beautiful! And the skiing looks like so much fun - especially when doing it with your siblings!
The potholders that you made look so nice! And I'm sure your Mama loved them. :)
All of those pictures are great... But I especially enjoyed the ones of y'all skiing! :) How fun!! All of the snow looks so beautiful. I also love the potholders you made for your mom. They are so pretty. :)
~Taylor
Oh, Hannah!
The pictures you took are very nice, and the pot holders are simply lovely also.
Blessings in Christ,
Rachel Grace
Hip Hip Hooray for pictures again! :)
My brothers and I especially enjoyed looking at your skiing pictures! We've never been skiing, but it looks like quite an adventure. If we had more hills around here, I guess we could give it a try. As it is, we'd have to ski down the ditch and that wouldn't be all that thrilling!
I really like the potholders that you made too! I made one actually very similar to your pink and yellow one a few years ago for a friend. I'm sure your mama really enjoyed her presents!
Blessings~
Cora
Thank you all for your sweet comments!
Cora Beth~ You all will have to come and visit us sometime in the winter and we can go skiing. You would love it! I am sure we could find some skis for all of you!
That would be really fun, Hannah! I'm not sure what our cows and goats would think of us taking off though... :) So far, we haven't found any neighbors willing to do all our chores so we can get away, so we don't go far distances unless some of us stay behind. Thanks for the invitation though! It sounds like lots of fun!
hannah, Great pics! Sometime could you e-mail me your recipe for pizza? If so that owuld be great! It looked really good!
Jenn
Hi Hannah!
I recently came across your blog, and enjoy reading your posts! :D
I'm a 15yr old Bible-believing Christian, living in South Africa.
Wow, that's a lot of snow, looks like you had lots of fun! It must be great to ski!
God bless you
~Jessica
I'll try to get that recipe to ya Jenn!
~Hannah
Thanks for commenting Jessica!
It is alot of fun to ski! Do you ever get snow where you live? How long have you lived in Africa? I think it would be really interesting to live in another country or at least visit one!
God bless you too,
Hannah
Do you have any blog(s) that I would be able to visit?
Hi Hannah!
I was born in South Africa and have always lived here. I can't imagine that much snow but I'd really like to experience it. The only snow I've ever seen ws in 2007when we had a very light snowfall early one morning. It didn't last long and melted quickly! So that's all the snow I know! LOL
I have seen mountains tops with snow but just far in the distance.
I have a private blog which I'd like to invite you to but I couldn't find your email address so I could email the invitation to you!
~Jessica
Post a Comment