People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Today Was..

A very beautiful, blustery, (not quite blizzerdy) but very blowy, snowy, day!
All of us except David and Nathanael went to town. We had to return the videos, and also Mama had an appointment with an orthopedic. On friday, Mama got some ex-rays on her leg that she injured on the ski trip. We found out that instead of a bad sprain (which we thought it was) it was a small avulsion fracture on her knee. If I remember right, I think it is caused by the tendon being pulled so hard that it fractures the bone. Thankfully, we found out today that it is small enough that they don't think they will have to put a pin in. Mama is in a brace that immobilizes her leg and she also has to use crutches. I a few weeks they are going to do another ex-ray to make sure the knee is healing properly. Mama is doing great and it is not really painful for her (which is really good).
Daddy and Mama dropped Grace and Enoch off at the library while Daddy, Mama, and I went to another store to return some boots that Daddy had got me that were to small. We swapped them for a larger pair...

Then Daddy dropped me off at the library to join Grace and Enoch while him and Mama went to pick up a few things. We found over 20 good books to keep us through the winter!
I am such an always hungry little bookworm...
Look at all this great food!
This book is a very funny children's book about six fisher men.
I had alot of fun laughing through it with my younger brothers!
I found a book that Daddy is reading aloud to all of us. It is SO interesting!
I'll share the title of it when daddy finishes reading it.
Daddy and Mama got us some markers to color in some "stained glass" and "hidden feathers" coloring books that some friends gave us. Here is a picture of Nathanael coloring.
Miejers had some really ripe fruit for sale for really cheap. Daddy and Mama bought some exotic fruit for Nathanael. I don't remember the name of it, but it had a very yummy strange indescribable flavor. If any of you have tried a fresh wintergreen berry, it sort of tasted like that but with out the minty-ness. All of these fruits were $0.25. My brother was so happy!
Here are a couple pics of the fruit...
Oh, and they also got 11 avocados for only $0.40! Wow! I like avocados SO much! Oh I wish they were as common as a tomato! But, then they might not be so special!
Anyway, you all have a good rest!

Gute Nacht, schlaf gut und träum süß!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel Grace said...

Hello Hannah!
I am so sorry that your mother has a fracture in her knee, I will pray for her. The fruits you showed looked interesting, and only for 25 cents!
Love you Hannah!
Rachel Grace

Gavriella said...

Hi Hannah
This is the 1st time I have seen your blog. It looks like I am going to enjoy reading it. =D.

The fruits look interesting.
I also wish avocado was common like tomatoe. hahaha!!!

Your boots look nice and warm.

LOL
Rachel

PS. Do you have an e-mail address??

Trusting in Jesus said...

Hey Dear Friend!

I'm sorry about your Mom's leg. Praying for it. Ach, du sprechen sie Deutch? Ich sprechen. :D lol
Have a good day!

Beth

Taylor said...

I love books, and I love avocados! lol :D I'm glad you had a nice day!

Blessings,
~Taylor